- In order to reserve a custom cake for your event date, a 50% nonrefundable deposit is required. Without this deposit, we cannot reserve your event date.
- All final payments are due two weeks prior to your event date. If payments are not received by the agreed upon and specified due date, your order may be cancelled without deposit refund.
- Due to our full schedule and personalized product customizations, refunds are not offered.
- If the event is rescheduled, your deposits can be transferred to the new event date. This transfer is dependent upon availability, and expires within three months of the original event date.
- The Dessert Room will not provide a wedding cake when sheet cakes, cupcakes, grooms’ cakes, cheesecakes, cake pops, or any other dessert items are provided by any other baker without our permission.
- Once the nonrefundable deposit is processed, a full sketch of your cake will be emailed to you for confirmation. Design changes can be made up to one month before the event.
- Additional charges may apply depending upon the scope of changes requested.
- Any cake/cupcakes placed outside during an event has the possibility of melting or changing form due to weather conditions (such as, but not limited to, heat, wind, rain, and humidity). We are not liable for a cake/cupcakes once it has been delivered or picked up.
- Delivery fees will be assessed on an individual basis.
- If you choose to pick up and transport your cake to your venue, we are not liable or responsible for the cake once it has left the bakery.
- Cakes of three or more tiers will require our delivery due to increased risk of transportation damage if not properly handled.
- Wedding and custom cakes are designed to serve the number of people specified upon ordering. Our cake serving size is 1" x 2". If larger slices of cake are served and serving numbers are decreased, we are not responsible for providing additional cake.
- We always provide venues with accurate cutting instructions and trust that they will follow these guidelines. If, however, they cut servings that are inaccurate, we are not responsible for their error.
- We always provide venues with accurate cake instructions (such as storage, serving temperature, serving time, saving the top tier, etc.) and trust that they will follow these guidelines. If, however, they do not follow these guidelines, we are not responsible for their error. Please be sure to discuss these specifications with your wedding venue consultant as well. We are happy to provide additional copies of our serving information upon request.
- All items may contain: nuts, dairy, eggs, gluten, soy, and other allergens. Please discuss any allergies or sensitivities with the pastry chef.
- Cake stand/cupcake stands and all other rentals must be returned within two business days of the event conclusion. Customer agrees to pay full replacement fee if these are not returned on time and/or are returned damaged (not in the condition they were given). A deposit of $300.00 must be paid two weeks prior to your order, which is fully refunded upon the return of all on-time and undamaged rentals.
Artistic License Disclaimer
- Every cake is handmade by our pastry chefs and cake decorators and is subject to artistic interpretation. You may provide us with photographic inspiration for your order. We reserve the right to make minor changes to the design at any point in the process in order to benefit the aesthetic, as seen fit by our cake decorators.
- We make every effort to match your colours. However, to get as close as possible, please provide us with a colour swatch. Also, food-grade dyes may sometimes be difficult/impossible to match. Darker colours have a tendency to darken further with time, humidity, and heat. Therefore, we cannot guarantee a perfect colour match.
- Fabrics, stands, signage, and any other accessories provided by the client that we are to add to the order must be brought to us a minimum of one week prior to the order due date.
- We photograph our cakes and reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotional uses without client compensation or permission.
- Tastings include up to three cake/buttercream flavour combinations and are subject to a standard tasting fee of $50.00 + HST. Additional products will be subject to additional fees which will be quoted at the time of booking.
- A credit card is required to hold your tasting appointment. If the order is placed within one week, the tasting fee is applied toward the order. If you should need to reschedule or cancel, we ask that you contact us no later than one week in advance. In the event that an appointment is missed or cancelled less than one week before the appointment, your credit card will not be refunded.
- During your initial consultation, we will discuss the design of your cake, so please bring any pictures, invitations, colour swatches, inspirational images, etc., that will better help us customize your cake. The tasting lasts one hour, and we ask that you arrive on time in order to ensure your allotted full hour.
To place an order or inquiry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and a brief description of your desired dessert creation. We are looking forward to responding to the inquiry as soon as possible!